Tuesday, April 25, 2017

U2 The Unforgettable Fire Tour Rider

This is in fact a tour rider and not an itinerary book. And what is a tour rider? This little book includes specifications on stage design, sound & lighting demands, as well as an artist's wish list that goes from transportation and billing to dressing room accommodations and what food and drinks he wants to find when he arrives at the venue.

As you can guess from the title and also from the cover picture I'm showing this book belongs to The Unforgettable Fire tour. I saw it up for auction on Ebay around November 2007 as "U2 Official Tour Rider" and the final price was about 110 Euros.

According to the text on the front cover it belongs to 1985 so there was probably one or maybe more itineraries/riders for this tour as it started in 1984.

Even though I don't have a copy of this on my shelf, I have a picture of one of the pages. As it is kind of an index, I can have an idea about the book content.

As I said before the content is a list of requirements that any The Unforgettable Fire Tour show should accomplish. I can read on the index chapters related to Cancellation terms, Billing, Support bands, Merchandising, Security, Food, Laundry, Garbage, Limousines and other stuff.















All of it interesting information in order to understand how a U2 show works and to know all the details to be solved before our favourite band hits the stage.

This book is missing in my collection so if you own it and want to sell, trade or just share some information with us please contact me.

See you soon

The Collector

No comments:

Post a Comment