Tuesday, April 25, 2017

How difficult to find are these nice itinerary books?

It's not a secret that these books are printed in limited quantities and only given to tour staff.

I did already talk about how difficult to find these books are on a previous ENTRY.

What I did explain then is that it seems obvious that a big tour (stadiums) with more people involved should also mean more copies printed. Also that books from recent tours might seem easier to find...and those from older tours more difficult to get.

But...that is not always so simple. Each book, whatever tour, leg or continent it belongs to, can be really hard ....or quite simple to find.

For this reason I have decided to create some kind of scale or rating based on my own experience after more than 10 years collecting U2 itinerary books. I won't be talking about prices but about the number of copies I have seen of each book and that will determine if the book is higher or lower in the scale.

The scale would be as follows:

A+...... I have only seen ONE copy of this book ever.
A........ I have seen less than 3 copies of this book.
A-....... I have seen less than 5 copies of this book.
B ....... I have seen less than 10 copies of this book.
C........ I have seen more than 10 copies of this book.

As you see I am trying to keep it simple.

So when you want to know how difficult to find a specific book is, just look for it on the blog and read down to the bottom of the entry. You will find the letter at the end of every entry on this blog.

In addition I have added a new column on the itinerary books list that you can find HERE, so you can easily check how difficult to find each book is.

I hope it helps and...please, contact me if any doubts or suggestions.

The Collector.

4 comments:

  1. Hello. I was looking for some informations about U2 itinerary books. I've found your blog and I'm very impressed. Your blog is great. So many photos and informations. So I have a question. I'd like to bring the IT books topic closer to my friends from u2forums.com. Could I use some of the photos you posted here? Of course I would give the source. I'd be very grateful. I'm asking for your agreement, because I don't want to steal them without your permission ;)
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete