Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Which is the oldest U2 itinerary?

I didn't really know where to file this entry so I finally decided to put it under the "General Information" label.

The thing is that I had some spare time this morning and I was reading some U2 stuff on the internet. I still don't know how I ended reading an amazing article from www.u2log.com.

This is not the first time I read it but I had never noticed about a little detail. The article talks about Bono's stolen briefcase during the BOY tour visit to Portland. If you never heard about this story I strongly recommend you to pay a visit to this link:

http://u2log.com/2004/10/21/bonos-stolen-briefcase-returned-after-23-years/

The thing is that the briefcase was returned to Bono 23 years later, in 2004.

The article includes some pictures of the briefcase content. According to the writer, the stuff in the briefcase included a visa for the USA in the name of Paul Hewson, notebooks and lyric sheets, letters to Bono from Ali, letters from fans, tour documents, letters from Bono to journalist Paul Morley, photos and contact sheets.

Wait a minute....Tour documents? Take a look at this picture included in the article....



















My eyes went straight to the right side...top of the picture..... I see kind of a book up there.... Try again





















Can you read "Tour Schedule"? Are we in front of a BOY tour itinerary book? I am probably right but I have no way to prove it as I haven't got that book and I will probably never be able to find or afford it.

If that is what I think it is...then we can think of itineraries for Boy and October tours also.... anyway....this is kind of a dream or maybe we should call it a nightmare.

Let's keep thinking that the oldest U2 itinerary book known till today is the one from OCTOBER tour I show in the blog.

The Collector

No comments:

Post a Comment